TERMS & CONDITIONS
SANDOWN MOTOR HOLDINGS (PTY) LTD “CRACK THE CODE” COMPETITION
The following terms and conditions apply to the “CRACK THE CODE” competition, which the Participant undertakes and agrees to be bound by:
1. The Organiser of this competition is Sandown Motor Holdings (Pty) Ltd, and more specifically the Mercedes-Benz Gauteng West area, which consists of Mercedes-Benz Sandton, Mercedes-Benz Rosebank, Mercedes-Benz Bryanston, Mercedes-Benz Constantia Kloof and Mercedes-Benz Northcliff, collectively referred to as (“the Participating Dealers”) hereinafter referred to as the “Organiser”.
2. This competition runs from 1 August 2018 until 30 September 2018.
General Terms and Conditions:
3. This competition is open to all South African residents aged 18 years and older with a valid South-African Green Barcoded Identity document or Smartcard. Each Participant must further be in possession of a valid South-African Driver’s License.
4. All information relating to this competition, which may be published on any promotional material via any media platform, is covered by these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between the content of such promotional material and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, terminate or alter any or all of the terms and conditions of this competition without giving notice of any such cancellation, alteration and/or termination, and shall be absolved from any liability whatsoever which may arise subsequent to such cancellation, termination or alteration. Details will be communicated through social media campaigns, the Sandown Motors Facebook page, and on http://www.sandown.mercedes-benz.co.za.
6. The Organiser further reserves the right to terminate this competition immediately and without notice in the event that the competition is found to be or is deemed unlawful.
7. Should the Organiser be required by any legislation, the Minister of Trade and Industry, or the National Lotteries Board to alter any aspect of this competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, the Organiser shall have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of termination.
8. Should the events in clause 6 and 7 occur, all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Organiser and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Organiser, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
9. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar commercial value.
10. The prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
11. By entering this Competition, the participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the terms and conditions.
12. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be assumed by the Organiser for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
13. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and is entitled at its sole and absolute discretion to declare any entry disqualified, without having to give any reason for such disqualification.
14. The participant acknowledges that all intellectual property rights (including the rights in designs) subsisting (or which may in the future subsist) in the print design shall automatically, on creation, vest in the absolute control of the Organiser.
15. The participant consents to any publicity which may be generated as a result of the competition, to use on any marketing material and in the media at any time, including use of the participant’s name in all related marketing and publicity promotion.
16. The participant agrees to abide by the decision of the judges, which decision is final on all matters pertaining to this competition.
17. The winner indemnifies the Organiser, its affiliates, respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss, or damage, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this competition or the possession, use, misuse of, or inability to use the prize.
18. The participant undertakes that should any third party lodge a claim for breach of copyright or breach of any other intellectual property right, or any loss or damage arising from the participant’s submission to the contest, the participant will indemnify the Organiser, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all such claims, including reasonable attorneys’ fees related thereto.
19. Any person who is a permanent or contracted employee of Sandown Motor Holdings (Pty) Ltd, Mercedes-Benz South Africa Limited, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and/or the Daimler Group of Companies, including its subsidiaries, and/or any other agent, promoter or other person connected with the Competition or any immediate member of their family shall not be allowed to enter the Competition and shall not be eligible to Participate and shall be disqualified from winning a prize herein.
20. For the purposes of Clause 19, “Family members” include immediate family members and specifically include; spouse/partner, father, mother, brother, sister, grandparents including in-laws and children of the permanent or contracted employees.
21. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you hereby consent thereto that the Organiser, Mercedes-Benz South Africa Limited, the Daimler Group of Companies, Dealership network, agents, and affiliates, may use the details provided by you, without further compensation, in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted magazines, television, websites, and social media etc.
22. By participating herein, you further expressly consent that the Organiser, Mercedes-Benz South Africa Limited, the Daimler Group of Companies, Dealership network, agents, and affiliates, may use your personal details and information provided, to contact you about group products, financial services, special marketing offers, customer services, events or for the purposes of research and analysis, which may involve the use and / or transfer of your personal details and information within South Africa and / or across borders for the rendering of services.
23. A person who does not wish to have their image or story distributed should make their wishes known to the page administrators, and/or contact Mercedes-Benz South Africa Limited; at 123 Wierda Road, Zwartkop, Pretoria, 0157, in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph. Mercedes-Benz will use the photo for identification purposes only and will hold it in confidence.
24. The Participant agrees to cooperate in a spirit of respect, good conduct and loyalty and undertakes to act with respect to the Organiser’s legitimate interests, especially their reputation and prestige, and, in particular, not to make negative comments about them in any public forum or on any social format. The Participant shall refrain from using and/or making public announcements relating to and making mention of the Organiser’s proprietary branding, logo and/or other marketing material without the express prior permission of the Organiser having been obtained and shall refrain from making any statement which may bring the Organiser’s brand into disrepute. These obligations shall remain in place after the competition expires.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
26. The Competition consists out of 3 categories:
a) Test Drive and win an AMG Driving Experience for one Person;
b) Test drive, sign a finance application and win an AMG Driving Experience for 2 Persons; and
c) Crack the Code and stand a chance to win a new Mercedes-Benz vehicle.
27. To qualify for Category A of the Competition, Participants must test drive any Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicle (excluding smart) at any of the participating Sandown Dealerships between 1 August and 30 September 2018.
28. The Prize consists of 1 (one) voucher for an AMG Advanced Driving Experience with the AMG Driving Academy of South Africa, based at Zwartkops Raceway in Gauteng.
29. 1 (One) winner will be selected per Participating Dealer.
30. The winner at each of the Participating Dealers will be selected via a lucky draw to be announced by each of the Participating Dealers on the 8th of October 2018.
31. The Organiser will make arrangements for the prize to be handed over to the winners.
32. The winner of the AMG Advanced Driving Experience is responsible for making the course booking with the AMG Driving Academy.
33. To qualify for Category B of the Competition, Participants must test drive any Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicle (excluding smart) AND complete and sign a finance application for the purchase of a Mercedes-Benz vehicle at any of the participating Sandown Dealerships between 1 August and 30 September 2018.
34. The Prize consists of 2 (two) vouchers for an AMG Advanced Driving Experience with the AMG Driving Academy of South Africa, based at Zwartkops Raceway in Gauteng.
35. 1 (One) winner will be selected per Participating Dealer.
36. The winner at each Participating Dealer will be selected via a lucky draw to be announced by each of the Participating Dealers on the 8th of October 2018.
37. The Organisers will make arrangements for the prize to be handed over to the winners.
38. The winner of the AMG Advanced Driving Experience is responsible for making the course booking with the AMG Driving Academy.
39. To qualify for Category C of the Competition, the first four hundred (400) Participants to purchase any new or pre-owned Mercedes-Benz vehicle (excluding smart) at a Participating Dealer, and take delivery thereof before or on 30 September 2018 receives an entry to Crack the Code where you stand a chance to win a brand new Mercedes-Benz C200 Auto vehicle.
40. The purchase of Fleet vehicles is excluded from the Crack the Code Competition.
41. The winner of the Mercedes-Benz Vehicle will be selected by participating and successfully cracking the code at a Sandown Breakfast event to be held on Saturday the 20th of October 2018 (“the Event”).
42. The Category C prize consists of a Mercedes-Benz C200 Auto vehicle supplied by Sandown Motor Holdings (Pty) Ltd, which vehicle is subject to change and will be determined by the discretion of the Organiser and will not exceed the value R800 000.00 (inclusive of Vat).
43. To stand a chance to crack the code, the Participant must be present at the Event. No proxy’s will be allowed.
44. A maximum of 400 people in total will get the opportunity to guess any 4 non-repeating or repeating digits ranging from 0-9.
45. Should a Participant select the same numbers in the same order as per the pre-selected crack the code he/ she wins the Vehicle prize which will be determined at the discretion of the Organiser and will not exceed the maximum value of R800 000(inclusive of vat)
46. Only the nominated loss adjuster will know the winning code.
47. Only one attempt per person will be permitted.
48. The other contestants will not be allowed to see or know what the previous attempt was.
49. Each attempt will be filmed and be confirmed by an approved independent loss adjuster.
50. If more than one person is able to crack the code, a new code will be selected and the first correct entries will get a second opportunity to crack a new code to stand a chance to win the final prize.
51. The crack the code winner must still be the owner of the vehicle purchased in August or September at the time of the draw to qualify as the winner.
52. The winner will be liable for all registration and licencing fees pertaining to the prize.
53. The winner must be present at Event to be able to claim their prize.